Scroll down for nurse and EMT-Paramedic information.
Each team will have at least 1 primary care physician specializing in:
- Family Practice
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Specialists from the following areas will be paired with a primary care provider:
- General Surgery
Non-Oregon physicians will need to obtain licensure from the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
Role of a Physician
- Screen patients for 30 minutes after each meal or until all the patients are seen.
- Serve as a backup for medical advice to other Medical Team members.
- Decide whether a given medical condition can safely be treated on the property or requires transport to an outside facility. Physicians are urged to make such decisions keeping in mind their background and training and the limited facilities available at the Washington Family Ranch.
- Determine the mode of transport for patients requiring treatment at another facility and discuss the patient with the receiving facility prior to transport, when appropriate.
- Assist with check-in of camper medication on Day 1.